Senior Technical Officer
Senior Technical Officers assist Scientists in laboratories to set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, monitor experiments, make observations, and calculate and record results.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form;
- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events;
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles);
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles;
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects; and
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Interested in technical and engineering activities;
- Willing to adhere to safety requirements;
- Able to identify, analyse and solve problems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to work as part of a team; and
- Able to accept responsibility.
$60,000 - $70,000