Also known as: Geoscience Technician, Field Technician.
Pit technicians support Geologists, Engineers and Geophysicists to find and develop mineral resources. They collect and analyse samples, record information, and undertake the practical tasks involved in servicing mining operations.
- Mark outlines of ore, waste and drill hole patterns in operating mines;
- Collect, record and transport samples;
- Assist in geophysical surveys; and
- Collate information collected from a range of sources such as geochemical sampling surveys, seismic surveys and meteorological observations, and carry out computer processing of the data.
- Willing to adhere to safety requirements;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Practical and creative;
- Able to work without supervision;
- Able to accept responsibility;
- Able to work in a team;
- Able to work independently; and
- Enjoy working outdoors, sometimes in remote locations.
$50,000 - $95,000