Also known as: Drafting Assistant, Civil and Structural Engineering Associate.
Draftspersons in the minerals and energy industry create drawings and plans to define mineral deposits. They also make drawings from various sources of data to enable the development of mine sites.
- Prepare drawings, showing orebodies using data from various electronic surveys;
- Use computers to produce designs, detailed drawings and documentation; and
- Prepare working drawings showing plans, elevations and sections, as well as other aspects such as water courses.
- Able to identify, analyse and solve technical problems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Capable of accurate, detailed work;
- Aptitude for computing and design;
- Practical and creative;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to accept responsibility; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$50,000 - $95,000