Process Plant Operator
Also known as: Process Plant Equipment Operator, Production Plant Operator
Process Plant Equipment Operators operate machines and equipment to produce chemicals and chemical products such as soaps, detergents, pharmaceuticals, toiletries or explosives.
- Weigh, measure and mix ingredients;
- Clean, maintain and disinfect machines;
- Operate machines to combine and process ingredients or finish products;
- Check machine operations and adjust pressure, temperature, tension and other controls;
- Place products on drying trays, or allow them to cool;
- Apply coatings to flavour, colour, preserve or add medication to products;
- Measure and test products; and
- Weigh and package products.
- Interested in practical and manual work;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Physically fit;
- Able to carry out tasks quickly and methodically;
- Able to read instructions; and
- Safety conscious.
$40,000 - $55,000