Also known as: Hydrocarbon Mud Loggers, Hydrocarbon Data Analysts.
Mud Loggers analyse the drilling fluids, or mud, that has circulated through the well as it is drilled. Drilling fluid, or mud, is a mixture of chemicals that is circulated down the well to maintain pressure and remove rock cuttings. They are typically contracted to work on oil and gas well drilling rigs.
- Clean maintain and set up equipment for use in experiments;
- Carry out experimental procedures such as analysing samples and monitoring processes;
- Use computer and computer interfaced equipment; and
- Carry out routine quality assurance checks.
- Enjoy scientific activities;
- Able to produce accurate and detailed work;
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$60,000 - $75,000