CAM (Computer Aided Machine) Operator
Design, develop, maintain and manage high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
Mechatronics and Robotics Technicians are specialist advanced trade-technician workers. Mechatronics combines mechanical, electronic and computer technologies to create automated, 'intelligent' machinery and robotics that improve the efficiency, safety and productivity of manufacturing (and other) processes. Mechatronics and Robotics Technicians will usually assist design, development and engineering staff, as well as working closely with mechatronics tradespersons to install, maintain, modify and repair mechatronic systems, equipment and component parts.
- Design, develop, maintain and manage high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks;
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of material, components or finished goods;
- Apply advanced electronic control systems, which are usually computer-driven;
- Design and assist in the manufacture of consumer products, such as cameras and video recorders;
- Apply electronic and mechanical processes and computers to tasks where the use of human labour may be dangerous (e.g. underwater exploration, mining or forestry); and
- Carry out studies into the feasibility, costs implications and performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Enjoy technical and engineering activities;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to think creatively and problem solve; and
- Interested in mechanical equipment, such as robotic and production equipment, physics and mathematics.
$70,000 - $90,000