Also known as: Engineering Fabrication, Metal Fabricator.
A Boilermaker is a trained craftsman who produces steel fabrications from plates & sections. Boilermakers mark out, cut, shape, assemble and fix metal to produce or repair storage tanks and other high pressure storage vessels.
- Determine the requirements and steps needed to do the job by interpreting scale drawings;
- Draw accurate guidelines on the metal showing where to cut, drill and bend;
- Cut marked sections using hand tools or cutting torches;
- Shape and bend sections and pipes using a variety of tools and processes;
- Assemble parts and structures after aligning by welding, bolting or riveting; and
- Make full-size patterns.
- Enjoy technical activities;
- Interested in computer programmable machinery;
- Be physically fit;
- Strength to handle materials, tools and machines;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Able to work in a team;
- Able to work independently;
- No skin or breathing allergies; and
- Safety conscious.
$80,000 - $140,000