Automatic Transmission Mechanic
An Automotive Transmission Mechanic works on light/heavy vehicles, motor cycles, plant and outdoor power equipment.
- Carrying out diagnostic procedures;
- Repair and overhaul of clutch assemblies and servicing;
- Repair and overhaul of automatic transmissions and final drive assemblies;
- Service diesel and petrol fuel systems, ignition systems;
- Repair electronic engine and drive management systems;
- Carry out minor repairs to electrical circuits/systems; and
- Prepare the vehicle/equipment for customer use.
- Satisfactory results in English, Maths and Science to a minimum of Year 10 level;
- Enjoy practical and mechanical work;
- A commitment to safe working practices and the ability to work to safety guidelines;
- An ability to work successfully as part of a team;
- A willingness and capacity to learn new skills;
- Accountability for your actions and output;
- An ability to work shift work; and
- An appropriate standard of health and fitness, and
- No skin allergies or reactions to grease, oil or petrol.
$80,000 - $100,000