Also known as: Laboratory Worker.
Laboratory workers assist Scientists in the physical, chemical, biological or life sciences by collecting and preparing samples, carrying out experiments, making measurements with scientific equipment, recording results and presenting results for critical analysis.
- Clean, maintain and set up equipment for use in experiments;
- Collect, classify and preserve specimens;
- Carry out experimental procedures such as analysing samples and monitoring processes;
- Use computer and computer interfaced equipment; and
- Carry out routine quality assurance checks.
- Enjoy scientific activities;
- Able to produce accurate and detailed work;
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$60,000 - $75,000