Computer Service Technician
Also known as: Computer Technician.
Computer Technicians are responsible for maintaining computers. The area of expertise for a technician is the hardware element of computing systems.
- Assemble new hardware and install running systems and programs;
- Maintain hardware at its optimum performance level, diagnose faults and make repairs;
- Upgrade or replace hardware such as monitors, CPU, keyboards and internal components.
- Enjoy working with electrical, electronic and mechanical systems;
- Enjoy solving practical problems;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision;
- Good communication skills; and
- Enjoy working with computers.
$55,000 - $100,000