Assistant Environmental Technician
Environmental Technicians develop methods of managing the environment using a knowledge of various scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Plan and conduct research into the physical and biological nature of the site;
- Develop ways of minimising production process impact on the environment;
- Investigate and report on site accidents which impact upon the environment;
- Take part in emergency responses to accidents, eg chemical spills;
- Analyse pollutants, identify their source and assess their impact on the environment;
- Rehabilitate degraded land;
- Assist with developing environmental policies and strategies;
- Provide advice on the safe management of hazardous materials; and
- Conduct environmental audits.
- Logical approach to problem solving;
- Technical aptitude;
- Good communication skills; and
- Able to work as a part of a team.
$50,000 - $80,000