Also known as: Electrotechnology Systems Electrician, Engineering Tradesperson - Electrical/Electronics
Electricians install and maintain electrical systems. They interpret electrical drawings to determine the wiring layout for homes and businesses. Electricians can repair electrical appliances, faulty switches and circuits. In the mining and energy industry they are responsible for establishing and ensuring ongoing supply of power from generators to plant and accommodation units.
- Locate and repair faults;
- Maintain lighting, switches and electrical equipment in safe working order;
- Install wiring and circuits for extensions and additions to work sites; and
- Ensure safe work practices near electrical outlets.
- Enjoy mathematical and technical activities;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision;
- Diagnostic ability;
- Aptitude for mechanics and electronics;
- Able to do precise and detailed work;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to work independently;
- Physically fit; and
- Good communication skills.
$40,000 - $80,000