Also known as: Automotive Electrical Fitter, Automotive Electrical Mechanic.
Electricians install and maintain electrical systems. In the mining and energy industry they are responsible for establishing and ensuring ongoing supplies of power from generators to plant and accommodation units. Auto electrician mining jobs requiremenets are explained below:
- Repair and maintain all electrical equipment and process control;
- Install wiring and circuits for extensions and additions to work sites;
- Carry out electrical fitting, high voltage switching and electronics;
- Read wiring diagrams to plan layout of wiring systems;
- Install insulated cables and connect switches, outlets and other fittings;
- Connect cables to circuit breakers, transformers, motors, heaters etc;
- Test circuits;
- Connect systems to power supplies;
- Complete electrical calculations;
- Test equipment using meters; and
- Undertake high voltage switching
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to use time effectively to complete tasks;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work effectively with others;
- Reliable, responsible, able to maintain alertness, must be assertive, have physical fitness; and
- Knowledge of plant and safety awareness, commitment to company values.
Find out more about auto electrician jobs in mining.
$35,000 - $45,000