MINING ENGINEERS - JOB IN DEMAND!
Mining Engineers are in hot demand within the Australian minerals industry. Mining Engineers plan and direct the engineering aspects of extracting minerals from the earth.
- Conduct investigations and evaluations of mineral deposits to determine mining profitability;
- Determine the most suitable method of mining for the site;
- Prepare plans for mining operations;
- Prepare layout of mining operation and development;
- Plan and coordinate how staff and equipment will be deployed;
- Consult with geologists and other engineers on design, selection and provision of machines, facilities and systems for the mine; and
- Ensure mining regulations are observed.
- Enjoy technical and engineering work;
- Willing to adhere to the safety requirements of the operation;
- Able to identify, analyse and solve problems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for computing and design;
- Practical and creative;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to accept responsibility;
- Able to work as part of a team; and
- Able to think and act decisively.
$85,000 - $150,000