Mineral Process Engineer
Also known as: Metallurgist, Chemical Engineer.
The Mineral Process Engineer transforms low value impure minerals, recycled materials and by-products of other processing operations into commercially valuable products.
- Process design and development;
- Process control and management;
- Pure and applied research;
- Study and apply chemical and process metallurgy techniques;
- Coordinate recovery of samples for laboratory analysis and testing;
- Choose and operate a combination of treatments to produce the desired quality of products at optimum efficiency; and
- Prepare cost budgets of operations to evaluate economic feasibility of processes.
- Enjoy technical and engineering work;
- Willing to contribute and adhere to safety requirements;
- Able to identify, analyse and solve problems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for computing and design;
- Practical and creative;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to accept responsibility; and
- Interested in engineering and science.
$60,000 - $100,000