Mine Shift Manager
Also known as: Scheduling Officer, Mine Shift Manager
Mine Managers manage the day to day running of a mine site. Mine Managers must have an excellent understanding of the resource being extracted, mining methods and other essential skills such as managing staff, planning, maintaining productivity and ensuring safety.
- Regularly inspects mine sites, both above and below ground;
- Makes sure that roadways are in safe condition;
- Supervises shotfiring;
- Conducts tests to detect the presence of gas, and makes sure underground ventilation is adequate; and
- Makes sure mine personnel know and comply with safety regulations and emergency procedures for electrical and mechanical equipment, the storage and use of explosives and the support structure of the mine.
- Enjoy practical and manual activities;
- Aptitude for mechanical equipment operation;
- Able to tolerate physically demanding work, including shift work;
- Willing to work within occupational health and safety rules; and
- Age limits may apply.
$140,000 - $285,000