Also known as: Marketing Coordinator.
The resources sector require dynamic and competant Marketing Managers to promote the company's sales of products or services and image.
Marketing Managers promote a company's sales of products or services and image. This may include the marketing of existing products, developing new products or services as well as defining markets for these products and services.
- Identify and analyse an organisation's strengths and weaknesses, and respond to opportunities and threats in the marketing environment;
- Set goals for market share and growth;
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies by selecting, segmenting and targeting markets, and promoting products and services to those markets;
- Make decisions regarding products, such as choosing labels or packaging;
- Work on developing new products;
- Work out an approach to pricing and set prices for products and services;
- Manage distribution channels such as shops and wholesalers;
- Make decisions regarding the distribution of products (such as taking orders, warehousing, stock control and transport), manage store image or undertake direct marketing;
- Develop plans for advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management; and
- Undertake marketing audits to monitor sales performance.
- Able to analyse and interpret information;
- Very good communication skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Able to work as part of a team; and
- Able to work independently.
$80,000 - $120,000