Also known as: Wellsite Supervisor
A Rig Manager is responsible for managing crews at drilling and service rigs. Rig Managers are responsible for making sure daily operations run smoothly.
- Regularly inspects the rig;
- Makes sure that the rig is in safe condition;
- Supervises drilling; and
- Makes sure rig personnel know and comply with safety regulations and emergency procedures for electrical and mechanical equipment, the storage and use of explosives and the support structure of the rig.
- Enjoy practical and manual activities;
- Aptitude for mechanical equipment operation;
- Able to tolerate physically demanding work, including shift work;
- Willing to work within occupational health and safety rules; and
- Age limits may apply.
$150,000 - $280,000