Also known as: Production Manager, Process Manager.
Manufacturing Managers oversee organisational and operational services to plastics, rubber and cablemaking manufacturing processes. Their roles will ensure production workers prepare of materials in a safe and efficent manner, coordinate logistics, organise oprocesses or people to accomplish production targets.
- Plan production policy;
- Plan details of production activity in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available, and labour requirements;
- Prepare work programs to achieve planned production and direct production control activities;
- Control use of production plant facilities through planning of maintenance, the setting of operating hours and supply of parts and tools;
- Coordinate and direct quality control procedures, and the implementation of safety requirements, and make sure that statutory requirements are met;
- Direct research into new and improved production methods and products;
- Control the preparation of production records and reports;
- Give advice and information on production to other managers and clients;
- Recommend and implement initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery and changes in staff levels; and
- Control, direct and monitor production staff, organise staff selection, training, development and utilisation.
- Be interested in practical and manual work;
- Enjoy a support role;
- Be willing to occasionally perform repetitive tasks;
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude;
- Be able to work as part of a team;
- Have leadership skills; and
- Be safety conscious.
$110,000 - $160,000