The resources sector employes Management Consultants to analyse and recommend on observed business practices, people and the culture.
Management consultants study the procedures and systems used in an organisation to assess how individuals and the organisation as a whole can best operate.
- Gather information on the function of each area within an organisation and the specific duties undertaken by each individual, by talking with managers or supervisors and interviewing other staff;
- Assess the types of tasks undertaken in each section, the methods or systems used, the length of time taken for an individual to complete a task and any problems involved in undertaking the task;
- Consult internal training manuals, files and job descriptions to obtain additional information;
- Study data such as statistical records, reports and organisational charts;
- Identify problem areas and find solutions by considering alternatives, taking into account the benefits and costs of any recommendations;
- Write detailed reports and provide statistical evidence to support their conclusions and recommendations;
- Assist in the implementation of new systems; and
- Talk to experts in other fields when introducing new equipment such as computers.
- Able to analyse and solve problems;
- Logical thinking;
- Organisational skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Tact and discretion; and
- Interested in people, process and resource management.
$60,000 - $95,000