Lawyers provide advice to management on issues that may impact the operational or strategical objectives of the resources company.
They provide advice to clients on a variety of matter and may write and submit documents on their behalf as well as represent them in court or at tribunal hearings. They may specialise in such areas as litigation, family law, criminal law, probate, property, commercial law, personal injury and worker compensation.
- Prepare contracts for joint venture partnerships and contractors;
- Oversee legal requirements of the company;
- Advise in areas of worker compensation, native title and environmental responsibility;
- Ensure legal requirement of tenement and lease management is adhered to; and
- Ensure appropriate liability insurances are in place.
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Able to understand, analyse and use facts quickly and logically;
- Able to work under pressure and deal with a variety of people; and
- Integrity and good character.
$150,000 - $200,000