Also known as: Information Technology Strategist, Information Technology Systems Designer.
System Analysers or Developers will analyse science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. They will also analyse user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Analyses and tests computer programs or system to identify errors and ensure conformance to standard;
- Consults with staff and users to identify operating procedure problems;
- Formulates and reviews plans outlining steps required to develop programs to meet staff and user requirements;
- Coordinates installation of computer programs and operating systems, and tests, maintains, and monitors computer system;
- Writes documentation to describe and develop installation and operating procedures of programs;
- Devises flow charts and diagrams to illustrate steps and to describe logical operational steps of program;
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs to meet staff and user requirements;
- Reviews and analyses computer printouts and performance indications to locate code problems;
- Assists staff and users to solve computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems;
- Trains staff and users to use computer system and its programs;
- Modifies program to correct errors by correcting computer codes; and
- Writes and revises program and system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Able to understand complex concepts;
- Logical and analytical approach to solving problems;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to direct the work of others; and
- Willing to actively maintain personal skills and knowledge of IT.
$65,000 - $85,000