Also known as: Systems Designer (Information Technology)
Database Developers, or Systems Designers (IT), create detailed design documentation for the development and integration of computer systems
- Work with analysts on the feasibility and workability of a conceptual design by taking technical specifications prepared by the analyst and designing system components to meet the stated need;
- Draw up detailed design documentation including charts and diagrams that indicate the various components involved;
- Prepare instructions for programmer implementation;
- Talk with other team members (analysts and programmers) to check functionality back to systems specifications, and develop solutions as problems or issues arise; and
- Design monitoring and performance measurement processes.
- Able to understand complex concepts;
- Logical and analytical approach to solving problems;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to direct the work of others; and
- Willing to actively maintain personal skills and knowledge of IT.
$40,000 - $100,000