Occupational Health and Safety Officer
OH&S Officers help coordinate an enterprise's safety and health program and provide advice on accident management procedures.
Occupational Safety and Health Officers coordinate an enterprise's safety and health program and provide advice on accident prevention and occupational health to all levels of management and employees.
- Promote safety and health within the enterprise;
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment to ensure they reach safety regulation standards;
- Check workplaces to ensure protective gear is available for all situations;
- Use test instruments to ascertain air quality;
- Ensure all relevant legislation is complied with;
- Assist with the supervision of accident investigation;
- Conduct safety and health training;
- Identify hazardous situations and rectify them;
- Assist with rehabilitation of injured workers; and
- Liaise with and report to management.
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to work independently;
- Good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Integrity and honesty.
$50,000 - $120,000