Biotechnologists manipulate cells to create useful products for pharmaceutical, agricultural, diagnostic and environmental use.
In the environmental arena, Biotechnologists can develop bacteria to do a variety of tasks such as help clean up oil spills and for the purpose of bio leaching which extracts minerals without chemicals.
- Develop business applications from new bio technologies;
- Work in the area of gene technology;
- Study plant and animal cells;
- Work with industry to develop technologies relevant to specific needs; and
- Supervise laboratory staff.
- Enjoy and have aptitude for science and research;
- Able to think logically and analytically;
- Able to carry out detailed and accurate work;
- Good communication skills;
- Flexible; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$50,000 - $100,000