Mechatronics Engineers work with the electronic and computer control systems which most machinery relies on for efficient and reliable operation.
- Design, develop, maintain and manage high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks;
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of material, components or finished goods;
- Apply advanced electronic control systems, which are usually computer-driven;
- Design and assist in the manufacture of consumer products, such as cameras and video recorders;
- Apply electronic and mechanical processes and computers to tasks where the use of human labour may be dangerous (e.g. underwater exploration, mining or forestry); and
- Carry out studies into the feasibility, costs implications and performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Enjoy technical and engineering activities;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to think creatively and problem solve; and
- Interested in mechanical equipment, such as robotic and production equipment, physics and mathematics.
$80,000 - $140,000