Business Administrators are across many facets of a resource company, such as logistics, law, finance, human resources. The options are limitless.
The resources industry is more than just hard hats and drill holes. Business Administrators might not be involved in the immediate exploration and/or extraction activities, but they are an intragal part of any resource organisation and are usually involved in coordinating and/or supporting those activities mentioned above.
The minerals and energy industries are always on the look out for qualified, highly motivated and professional Business Administrators who either understand the business environment in which the entity operators, or has a firm understanding of business principles and has the ability to learn quickly.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of staff;
- Interview job applicants and conduct orientation programs for new employees;
- Be involved in staff training and development;
- Draft job descriptions;
- Monitor expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls and make recommendations to management;
- Maintain management information systems (manual or computerised);
- Maintain accommodation and other facilities including plant and equipment; and
- Review and answer correspondence.
- Able to supervise;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in office management;
- Aptitude for working with computers; and
- Well organised.
$85,000 - $130,000