Process Plant Technician
Also know as: Chemical Plant Operators.
Chemical Plant Operators control the operation of chemical production equipment used in manufacturing a range of products e.g., processing minerals.
Turning an almost worthless piece of rock into a commodity of value and use to society is one of our greatest achievements. This is what you will do.
- Prepare and measure raw materials;
- Feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery;
- Set controls and operate machinery;
- Check instruments and equipment to make sure of correct operation, and attend to any abnormal operating conditions; and
- Take samples for testing, test products and record process data.
- Enjoy practical and manual activities;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Able to follow written instructions;
- Good communication skills;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Physically fit;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Aptitude for computerised work; and
- Good hand-eye coordination.
$40,000 - $60,000