Also known as: Laboratory Technician.
Laboratory Workers assist Scientists in the physical, chemical and biological sciences by collecting and preparing samples, carrying out experiments, making measurements, recording results for critical analysis.
- Clean maintain and set up equipment for use in experiments;
- Collect, classify and preserve specimens;
- Carry out experimental procedures such as analysing samples and monitoring processes;
- Use computer and computer interfaced equipment; and
- Carry out routine quality assurance checks.
- Enjoy scientific activities;
- Able to produce accurate and detailed work;
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$60,000 - $75,000