Also known as: Senior Mineral Processing Operator.
Mineral Processing Operators use equipment to process mineral ores until the final form is produced. Senior Processing Operators utilise their knowledge, skill and experience to inform work processes and supervise Process Operators when required.
- Assemble and dismantle equipment and fittings in ore-processing plants;
- Operate ore-crushing and screening plants using manual and computer-based systems, conveyers, feeders, weight-meters, roll mills, pumps, jigs, spirals and flotation cells;
- Load, unload and store materials such as treatment chemicals and tools;
- Mix ore-treating chemicals, catalysts and reagents;
- Clear blockages in materials-handling and transporting equipment;
- Clean, wash and maintain equipment, and remove spillages and rubbish;
- Maintain auxiliary systems, such as drainage, fluids-pouring and conveyor-belt systems;
- Take samples of materials for testing;
- Use thickeners in the drying processes, pumping of tailings; and management of tailings dams and associated raw-water systems.
- Enjoy practical and manual work;
- Physically fit;
- Resourceful; and
- Mechanical aptitude.
$40,000 - $60,000