Also known as: Legal Executive
A Paralegal is a non-Lawyer who has usually undertaken a series or prescribed legal courses and is familiar with legal processes. A Paralegal can act independently from a legal professional, or work with the legal professional to prepare legal documents or utilise his or her knowledge in legal processes to offer more high-level support than a Legal Assistant. Start a rewarding career as a legal executive in the oil and gas industry today, see below the duties and skills required.
- Prepare contracts for joint venture partnerships and contractors;
- Oversee legal requirements of the company;
- Advise in areas of worker compensation, native title and environmental responsibility;
- Ensure legal requirement of tenement and lease management is adhered to; and
- Ensure appropriate liability insurances are in place.
- Interest in and knowledge of the law;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Accuracy and precision; and
- Able to think logically and clearly.
$35,000 - $80,000