Also known as: Kitchen Attendant.
Kitchenhands assist Cooks and Chefs in preparing and storing food, washing dishes and utensils, and cleaning work areas. Kitchenhand jobs are rewarding in the mining industry.
- Wash and clean utensils and dishes that are returned to the kitchen and make sure they are stored appropriately;
- Handle, sort, store and distribute food items;
- Wash, peel, chop, cut and cook foodstuffs and help to prepare salads and desserts;
- Dispose of rubbish;
- Organise laundering of linen; and
- Clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Enjoy practical work;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Able to work quickly and safely;
- Good personal hygiene;
- Free from skin allergies to foods and detergents;
- Good communication skills; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$25,000 - $40,000