Also known as: Catering Officer, Manager (Catering), Restaurant Manager. Caterers assist in setting up and serving meals to the mining personnel.
Caterers organise and control the operation of facilities involved in catering and dining. These hospitality jobs are rewarding in the mining industry.
- Discuss catering arrangements with clients;
- Talk with the chef to plan the menu;
- Supervise the purchase and storage of food;
- Supervise provision of all crockery, cutlery, detergents and kitchenware;
- Make sure there is adequate security for food and equipment;
- Keep records of payments and expenses;
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the activities of workers in dining rooms, kitchens, bars and other areas;
- Manage staff hiring, training and rostering;
- Make sure that the dining rooms, kitchen, storage facilities and other work areas are kept clean and conform to the sanitary regulations; and
- Attend to complaints concerning food and service.
- Good communication and organisation skills;
- Able to remain calm and in control in difficult situations; and
- Able to work as part of a team.
$35,000 - $45,000