Petroleum Engineer Assistant
Also known as: Oil and Gas Engineer Assistant, Offshore Engineer Assistant.
As an Assistant to the Petroleum Engineer, you will help plan and manage the recovery of oil and gas from petroleum reservoirs.
- Assist in determining what type of drilling equipment and method of drilling would be the most efficient and cost effective, and plan the locations for drilling;
- Assist in estimating the economic potential of oil and gas reserves by directing the testing of boreholes;
- Assist in research and provide advice on engineering operations for the extraction of petroleum or natural gas;
- Determine methods of controlling the flow of oil or gas from wells and keep records of production;
- Understand operating equipment, environmental problems and the treatment of oil to remove sediment and water;
- Conduct operations and activities in accordance with environmental policies and codes;
- Work safely and use any equipment provided for health and safety purposes; and
- Monitor the necessary safety procedures and facilities for personnel working on the project.
- Enjoy technical and engineering activities;
- Willing to contribute and adhere to the safety requirements of the operation;
- Able to identify, analyse and solve problems;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for computing and design;
- Practical and creative;
- Able to work without supervision; and
- Able to accept responsibility.
$80,000 - $135,000